Tuesday 18 April 2017

                        THE  CALL


Two years ago, I decided to move to Sydney to study and work there for about a year. I’ve always wanted to travel around the world, my biggest dream. The place where I really wanted to go since I was a child, was Australia. I did the arrangements to start a new and exciting life. My greatest adventure was about to start. 
Image result for AUSTRALIA SYDNEY VIEW FROM FLIGHT

Three months later, I was already working at a restaurant.I lived with one of my best friends, Alice.

One day (Tuesday) she got home and it seemed like a good idea to relax a little bit and have a glass of juice while we talked. At that moment, my phone started ringing which I thought was weird because nobody used call me that late and the number on the screen was private. 
Image result for a ringing phone
-Hello?
-Caroline?
-Yeah, that's me, who's this?
-I'm Charles, we work together
 Said the man on the phone and I immediately thought he was wrong because I knew every person's name at the restaurant.
-I don't remember I work with anyone called Charles.
-Oh, you don’t? But you surely remember that night together when I made you feel so good - he was saying all the nasty and dirty things I've never heard before in my life, I was confused and I thought that was the most awkward call I have ever hung up.

My friend asked me who was it and I told him; he said it was probably a joke and advised me not to worry about it.

I forgot about that weird guy and the following week was as normal as always until Tuesday.
The next week (on Tuesday) once again, I was at home checking my e-mail on my computer when I received the usual call. That day, when I saw "private number" I knew it was him, so I inhaled heavily and was determined to confront him.
-What the heck do you want? Stop calling me, I have no intentions of talking to you, leave me alone -
After I said that, he completely destroyed me. 
Image result for a girl wearing red jacket talking in the phone
He laughed very loudly and said "You looked gorgeous in red today" . I was in shock, I was wearing a red sweater that day and to know he was following me made me feel sick.

When Alice got home, I told her and she said: "well, it’s getting a bit serious but don't worry, it must be an idiot trying to scare you".

The following day when I finished work, I found myself really scared with the idea of walking to my flat. I called Alice and asked her to stay with me on the phone until I was safe inside the house. Fortunately, nothing happened, nevertheless, I laid on my bed thinking that that guy was seriously playing with my mind and I didn't know what to do. 
Image result for a girl laying on bed

But something unusual happened, when I was about to watch a movie, Charles called me. I didn't want to answer but he was being so annoying I had no choice.
-What do you want?
-Can you open the door, please? -
 I laughed ironically.
-You don't know where I live.
After I said that, for the first time he cut the phone himself...........



No comments :

Post a Comment