Saturday 12 November 2016

What if your mirror started talking?


This is a story of a mirror describing it's existence and it's owner, who grows older as the mirror watches

I am a wall mirror in  a woman's bedroom. I am  “silver and exact.”
Image result for mirror I form no judgement, instead merely swallow what I see and reflect that image back without any alteration. I am not cruel, “only truthful.” I consider myself as a  four-cornered eye of a god,through which I see everything for what it is.
Most of the time, I look across the empty room and meditate on the pink speckled wall staring at me all the time. I have looked at that wall for so long that I feel as if  the wall is “part of my heart.” The image of the wall is interrupted only by people who enter to look at themselves and the darkness that comes with night.
Image result for an old woman looking in the mirrorI imagine myself as a lake. One  day, a woman looked into me, trying to discern who she really is by gazing at her reflection. Sometimes, the woman preferred to look at herself in candlelight or moonlight, but these are “liars” because they mask her true appearance. Only me the mirror (existing here as lake) gives her a faithful representation of herself.
Because of my honesty, the woman cried and awarded me with agitation of hands. Nevertheless, she couldn't refrain from visiting me over and over again, every morning. Over the years, the woman had “drowned a young girl” in me, and now sees in her reflection an old woman growing older and older as days passed.Image result for an old woman looking in the mirror
I actually dominate and interpret my world, and thus have a lot more power than I seem to suggest. I do not merely reflect what I see, but also shape those images for your understanding. I always speak the truth even if it disappoints you.
I   reflect anything ‘just as it is’. My reflection is precise and accurate. I provide an exact picture of the thing in front of me. I do not allow my reflections to be clouded by feelings such as love or dislike. Hence my reflections are ‘unmisted’ and dispassionate.I have no preconceptions.Whatever I see I swallow immediately and reflect the same.I am not the trouble, I am the truth.
Image result for looking in mirror sad
This personification of a mirror in the story is really heart touching and teaches us a hard lesson that  always accept the truth instead of hiding from it to be happy with what you are and what you have!!!


4 comments :

  1. The way you described the mirror was very heart touching.
    the grade I would give you is E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice story & letting the mirror describe itself was a nice idea
    I give you E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a topic.The topic was so interesting
    The grade I like to give you is E

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your friends it's such a beautiful topic!! I really congratulate you for being so mature in your writing, keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete