Saturday 26 November 2016

The  Magical  Powers  In  Me...........

This is a letter to my near and dear 'Magic'

Dear Magic,

 Like every other child, I imagined and dreamed of meeting you one day.I fascinated about it for years; about that day when you would show up and make me someone special.I knew you would come to make my life extraordinary just like all the lovely books and movies had promised. I waited and waited for you to surprise me, for that day when I'd start moving things without touching them, when I could fly simply by spreading my arms, when I could make the world a pretty place full of flowers and happy people.

But as I grew up, I saw how everyone was certain you did not exist, that you lived only in stories like Santa Claus did, that you were simply impossible. Call it my immaturity or whatever, but I refused to believe them. Of course, they did not know about you because they were ordinary, because you just hadn't revealed yourself to them yet. But surely, I knew that you would come to me one day. No matter how much the people claimed and 'proved' about your non existence!

So I waited and waited with the utmost patience, and yet you weren't showing up. Believe it or not, I even dared to doubt your existence at times! I do feel a bit guilty about that, for I knew that the moment I stopped believing in you, you would never come to me at all. So I continued to wait as I grew. People didn't call me a child anymore, and I was beginning to feel cheated by you. Why was it that you were so stubborn in hiding from me? I lost my hope with time, yet I held on. I couldn't have been wrong. It just couldn't be.

And in the end, you did reveal yourself. You did surprise me, but you made me bang my head for being so silly! Because you were always right here with me! I was so busy 'waiting' for you to show up that I hadn't even bothered to 'look' for you on my own! I found you yes, only to realize that you weren't what I thought you were.Image result for touch of magic

When I close my eyes, I see you. When I close my eyes 'I dream, disappear and fly'. I explore your world and discover myself. All along, I was waiting for you to show up in the 'muggle' world, how silly of me!

I do sometimes wish that you existed in the normal world too. I could then fly in the open sky, go invisible to observe the world unnoticed, travel back in time to study ancient times. But that might jumble things up and leave the world in a madness. It is just as well that you exist within us, hidden from the naked eye.
Image result for images saying when i close my eyes,i see...
Life has been interesting since I found you.And dear, you've showed me that you are not about the fairies or wands or the spells. You are our perception that can see the extra-ordinariness in the ordinary that everyone fail to see.Thank you dear for really making me unique By showing what I can really do!

Your faithful,
Himasree

WHEN I CLOSE MY EYES I SEE.............

3 comments :

  1. ITS A GOOD STORY
    YOUR VOCABULARY IS ALSO GOOD
    i GIVE YOU E

    ReplyDelete
  2. The story was really different and i felt it intersting.I give you E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD STORY
    NICE VOCABULARY
    GRADE I GIVE YOU IS E

    ReplyDelete